Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Second Hand Shopping

When I was little, I didn't really understand why people would want to buy clothing that other people had worn. Don't get me wrong, I was NOT a spoiled child. I just thought that the only clothes at second hand stores were the ones that were way out of style. Fortunately, I have matured with age and have become to realize that I am in love with consignment shops. My family loves to shop at consignment shops, Goodwill, Salvation Army, etc. You can save so much money and still get the same quality you would get in the store. Like the Duggars say, "Buy used and save the difference." When we see a shop, I have a hard time resisting stopping. Some of my favorite outfits have come from consignment shops.
These are just a few of my favorite things I bought used


I have one skirt in particular that people are always complimenting me on and wondering where I got it. I love saying, "oh, I picked it up at a consignment shop." haha. Here is another skirt I found a couple years ago, and a shirt I just found the other day at a new shop.

 I am so glad that bargain shopping has become a big thing lately. Our society is so consumed with having the best brands on the shelves. We shouldn't be worried about adorning ourselves in the most expensive and popular things that are on the market. We should only be worried about dressing in modest clothing.
"In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety"
1 Timothy 2:9

Erin

2 comments:

  1. Hey Erin!

    Thank you for your comment:)

    We are updating our "what we beleive" tab right now.

    Blessings, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok, awesome. Looking forward to reading it. : )

    ReplyDelete

Please feel welcome to comment on any of my posts. Please remember to keep them wholesome. :D