Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Back in the Good Ole' Days

I am in love with the Civil War fashion. If I had it my way, the world would forget we ever invented such thing as an automobile, and go back to horse and carriage. We would throw away the clothing of today, and bring the hoop back into style. Now, don't get me wrong, there are a few inconveniences including getting around in tight spaces, visiting the ladies room, and just the simple act of getting dressed in all the layers. However, I desire the days when everyone wore dresses and, for the most part, were modestly covered. There are a few luxuries I would like to keep such as air conditioning, the modern mailing system, and modern plumbing. I'm afraid to say that with all of the many things we have of today, we seem to always want more. The newest phone is not good enough for us, or our car doesn't get us somewhere fast enough. The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. Whether we intentionally think this or not, we all do in some form or another.
I used to hate skirts and dresses. Boy am I glad I have changed. I can't remember the last time I wore a pair of jeans. People who have known me all my life ask why, I tell them I feel more feminine in them, and I realize they are more modest. Now, anytime I put on my Civil War dresses for an event, I never want to take them off. I love how I don't have to worry about them being the least bit immodest.
I think it would be fun if I had several friends who would take the challenge with me to dress in Civil War (or which ever era is your favorite) ensembles for 1 month. We might get a lot of stares. However, isn't that the goal of us non-feminist, homeschooling, bread-baking women anyway: to stand out and be "not of this world." Maybe we cold bring them back into style.

Just another random thought for the day. haha
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel welcome to comment on any of my posts. Please remember to keep them wholesome. :D