Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Scrumptious Pumpkin Cookies

Oh my, how I do love fall! I want to share this recipe that I received from a friend. If you are in a fall mood, you are sure to enjoy these yummy cookies. They are so so simple. :D

Here is what you'll need:

2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
1 Cup Crisco (or whatever off brand shortening you prefer. We get ours at Aldi :) )
1 Cup Canned Pumpkin (NOT pie filling)
1 Cup Granulated Sugar
1 Egg
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon Salt


It calls for frosting, but I prefer my cookies unfrosted. However, here are the ingredients for the frosting if you please:

1 Pound Powdered Sugar (usually 1 bag)
1 8oz Package Regular Cream Cheese
1 Stick Salted Butter
1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract

Ok, you ready? Let's get started.
P.S. Preheat your oven to 375°


First, put on your favorite apron (I used Momma's :D)


Cream the Crisco, pumpkin, and sugar.
 
 
Add the egg and mix well
 
 
Now add the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Mix well
 
 
Now just use a fork to grab medium size lumps of dough and plop em' on an UNGREASED cookie sheet. (I had to use a small pan because all we have at the time is a little convection oven. Our big oven is broken :(  )
Bake for 10-15min.
 
 
Place on a wire rack to cool
 
 
Enjoy
 
 
 
~Erin
 



1 comment:

Please feel welcome to comment on any of my posts. Please remember to keep them wholesome. :D