Monday, December 31, 2012

Out With the Old and In With the New

I think I shall begin this post with Christmas and winter fun pics. I hope everyone had a fabulous Christmas season.

Below is a Christmas tree skirt that I made for Momma. I took an old skirt we didn't want anymore and just recovered it with ruffles. I really liked the result. :D



Also, since I last posted, my sister Mallory, had a homeschool band concert. It was great. Here are some pics:




I won't bore you with all of our pics of opening presents. Instead, I'll share photos of us going out to shoot with my Uncle Bud who was in town from Michigan. Mind you, I had only shot a rifle before, so shooting this 9mm was a new ballgame for me. :)
Momma and Daddy

My Uncle Bud helping Momma

Daddy

Unlce Bud helping me

Wow has 2012 gone by quickly!! I can't believe in under 8 hours, it will be 2013. This year has definitely had it's ups and downs and I'm sure the same will be said when we see the end of this coming year. This year has brought a few highlights such as: the Homeschool Civil War Ball, attending camp on my 21st birthday at Fort Rock Family Camp, and attending No Greater Joy's first Shindig in Big Sandy, TX.
My goal this year may seem simple but it's very important. I have a really hard time making myself sit down and read my Bible every day. This year, I am going to make sure I am constantly in the Word. I would love to hear everyones new year's resolutions.


 At church yesterday, the pastor pointed out that we're going into the year 2013 and the number 13 is the number of confusion. Hmmmm... Not very comforting, but very true. Look at our government, we are getting ready to reach the fiscal cliff tomorrow. The world has lost the Lord so therefore, we have a very confused and lost society. There are so many new and scary laws being passed. We, as Christians, must stand up for what we believe in and let the world know that we are God's army and will not stop fighting until the world comes to an end.

I hope everyone has a wonderful New Years. God bless!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel welcome to comment on any of my posts. Please remember to keep them wholesome. :D